Don’t Go It Alone
The Pastoral Counseling Ministry has pastoral counselors available to meet with Lakewood Church members who are dealing with personal or family life challenges. The Pastoral Counseling Team is dedicated to providing a compassionate listening ear and sound Biblical advice.
What is Pastoral Counseling?
- Pastoral counseling is confidential, Bible-based counseling by one trained and experienced in both pastoral and counseling ministry.
- Pastoral counseling is not designed to treat severe mental illness. We do not perform psychiatric or psychological evaluations, nor prescribe medication.
- The pastoral counselor uses prayer and scripture to welcome God's presence into the healing process.
- A typical counseling session lasts one hour. After the first meeting, the counselor will make recommendations for follow-up appointments and participation in other support ministries at Lakewood Church.
- Because pastoral counseling is only one part of the overall ministry to individuals and families at Lakewood Church, counselees are encouraged to participate in weekly worship services, classes, support groups, and fellowships at Lakewood Church in order to achieve the maximum benefit from pastoral counseling.
- Counseling appointments are available free of charge to Lakewood Church members.
- Some of our pastoral counselors are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Location and Hours
- The Pastoral Counseling Ministry Center is located in the Pastoral Care Ministries office on the second floor of the Lakewood Church Worship Center.
- Parking is available in the Timmons Drive parking area adjacent to the church during business hours.
- Hours of operation for the Pastoral Counseling Ministry are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.