Body Parts, Part 2
| by Nick Nilson
Sunday, January 22, 2017
- 1 Corinthians 12:14-20
- 2 Kings 2
- In 2 Kings 2, Elisha promises that he will never leave his mentor Elijah. On a journey to three locations, there were many opportunities for Elisha to jump ship. Once they reached their final destination, the Jordan River, a double portion anointing was given to Elisha because he didn't get inconsistent when it got inconvenient.
- If you remain in place and stay resilient, you will be used mightily.
- Don't just get together, stay together. Destiny rises and falls on consistency.
- Don't miss your destiny because you left. You never know when destiny will come knocking at your door.
- There's no question that the body needs you, the question is if you'll stay put. A big toe isn't used while sitting down, but when you stand up, it has purpose because it stayed put, even when it wasn't being used.
Key to Flourish in Unity:
o Unity – Philippians 2:1-11
- God elevated Jesus because He humbled himself.
- Hold loosely to position and tightly to purpose.
- Pressing against pride and embracing humility will lead to unity.
o Love – 1 Corinthians 13
- Right after writing about unity (1 Cor. 12), Paul writes about love (1 Cor. 13) showing us the path to unity – love fights for unity.
- Our love for one another will get the attention of others.
o Fight – Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 1:27
- Anything worth having takes fight (relationships, serving God, forgiveness).
- Courage is MUST when you choose to follow Jesus.
- The church isn't built on those that come and go, but those that fight to stay.