5 for 5
| by Lakewood Young Adults
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
If you didn't catch the "5 for 5" panel Sunday night at LYA, here are the key points from each speaker:
1. He Knows My Name – Matt Johanningmeier
I Samuel 16
- It doesn't matter who is trying to put you down. When God is coming for you, He'll find you! It's not about who you know, it's about who knows you.
- Zero is the number of times David's brothers were mentioned in 2 Samuel, meaning they were insignificant after David became king. You are going from 1 Samuel to 2 Samuel.
2. Do They See Jesus in Me? – Jami Garcia
Genesis 1:27 -- created in image of God
2 Corinthians 3:18
1) To be like Jesus you have to know his characteristics.
2) What people say about us is what they may believe about our Jesus.
3) It's a daily choice.
- You must consciously choose to represent Jesus well everywhere you go.
4) Being like Jesus isn't dependent on others response.
3. When You Lose Yourself, You Find Yourself - Arthur Ceker
Matthew 10 (MSG) -- whoever loses his life will find it
- If you get caught up in God's agenda, you will actually find yourself.
1) Be filled with the word and spend time in his presence
2) Use your gifts and talents to serve others
3) Give up total control
- God's plan is the best plan!
4. God Has a Plan – Hannah Bright
- Yay be going through something but it will end.
- God is turning bad things into good. His plan is the best plan.
- What to do when you don't know what to do:
1) Stay planted
3) Listen to wise counsel
5. The Real You – Ramiro Garcia
1) Jesus is offering us an invitation to find fulfillment in Him
2) Jesus is not scared of the real you
- Jesus didn't die for the person you pretend to be, He died for who you really are.
- Take off the mask and you will encounter REAL love and grace from a REAL Jesus.