Growing in Gratitude
| by Lakewood Young Adults
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
What a great message by Pastor Nick Sunday night!
Here are some key thoughts:
- Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Thanksgiving is not a season it is a lifestyle
- Maybe your next level isn't an achievement, maybe its appreciation
- Sometimes you can't thank Him for "it" but you can thank Him IN it (Ps. 23)
- Its not expectation vs. gratitude, it's a tension of both. Great expectation for the best days out in front of you but not taking for granted the good days you've been given.
- Are you walking around with answered prayer request not aware because you're so focused on the future. Never allow the things you want to cause you to forget the things you have.
- Happiness isn't about accumulation its about appreciation.