Here I am Lord, Send Me
| by Angeline Latchley
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Imagine for a moment that you have served your time as an intern or worked your way up from the bottom and you receive an invitation to an event in your honor for all of the outstanding work and service that you have done. You are in the spotlight and receive a standing ovation as you approach the stage to accept the 'Outstanding Servant of the Year Award'!! Wow!! How amazing you must feel to be recognized for all of the hard work, setting up, taking down, planning, late nights, early mornings, and sacrifices that you have made. In your opening speech you begin by saying, 'I knew that I had a call on my life from the Most High God, I accepted the call and I knew that one day I would be standing here before you'.... The perfect ending to a beautiful story... but... What if there is no spotlight, there are no awards, there is no big stage or a standing ovation? Will you still answer the call?
Isaiah was called to a rebellious people that turned their backs and hearts away from God, there was no promise of dinner with the Osteens, high salaries or power and prestige. However, when God asked the questions, 'Who will go? Who shall I send?", Isaiah's reply was 'Here I am, Lord send me.' Although there are no promises of fame, fortune, power or prestige, there are promises to the faithful servants of God.
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)
- Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart lean not to your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- And My God will supply all of your needs according to His riches and glory. (Philippians 4:19)
- And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guide your steps and guard your heart. (Philippians 4:7)
- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
- Let us not lose heart in doing good for in due season we will reap if we do not grow weary. (Galatians 6:9)
My encouragement to you today is to continue to be faithful to the call of God on your life. Continue to serve the people of God with grace and lead your ministries with integrity. God has a plan for your life – a plan to prosper you and not harm you. He has not forgotten you. Your labor is not in vain for this is the year of your due season if you faint not. Continue to serve when no one sees all of the effort, when you do not feel appreciated, when it seems as if you are taken for granted. Learn the hard 'heart lessons' that God is trying to teach you. God is not asleep and He knows you by name. Take time to recharge, replenish and be prepared for where God is taking you. Believe and declare, "This is my due season! I will not grow weary in well doing and when God calls and says, 'who shall I send?' I will reply, 'here I am Lord, send me.'"